Who we are
ENPICOM is an innovative immunomics data analysis company with an outstanding team of over 20 professionals. At ENPICOM we support organizations studying immune system related diseases or developing drugs influencing this system with groundbreaking products and customized solutions to improve and accelerate discovery and development of novel immunotherapies.
We recently have successfully launched a unique world-class repertoire sequencing data analysis solution, the ImmunoGenomiX (IGX) Platform, and aim for a large market adoption by biotech, pharma, and academic users. IGX is an innovative platform to manage, store, analyze, visualize, and compare immune repertoire sequencing data from T and B cell receptors. The smart new analysis and visualization methods are also offered as IGX-Service.
You mission, should you choose to accept it
As a startup it is imperative that we can scale quickly, seeing as we don’t want to lose any potential customers. The platform should be able to handle multiple users running many resource-heavy apps – all at the same time. To accommodate the needs of our growing customer base we have adopted a micro-services approach on top of Kubernetes, the popular container orchestration technology. It is well-known for being based on “Borg”, the cluster management system developed by Google for handling its enormous internal workloads.
Scaling quickly also means being able to provision and configure new infrastructure – such as our Kubernetes clusters – in a completely automated fashion. At a certain point it just becomes unwieldy to do everything manually, and scripts are required to speed things up. This is called “Infrastructure as Code”; a collection of practices that aim to commoditize infrastructure resources.
The aim of this internship is to update and integrate our current infrastructure provisioning and configuration system into the company’s CI/CD system.
- Working towards a BSc or MSc in a discipline related to software engineering
- Proactive attitude and willingness to learn
- Fluent in English (Dutch is a plus, but it’s not the main language used at ENPICOM)
- Curious, inquisitive mind
- Comfortable in a small, dynamic environment
Sample internship projects
- Analytics at scale: distributed analytics on large-scale immuno-genomic data using Spark/Kafka or similar technologies
- Operational dashboard: modern resource monitoring and reporting in a cloud-based Kubernetes cluster
- Data provenance for genomic data: in-app version control for large-scale immuno-genomic data
- Optimal user onboarding with product tours and automated chatbots
- Rust/TypeScript interoperability and API communication
- Breaking the monolith: investigate microservices in the context of IGX
Working in a no-nonsense, friendly group of passionate geeks
Flexible working hours: we care about work-life balance
Blended home/office working model and a convenient office location, a 5-minute walk from the train station
Get in touch now!
ENPICOM is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage anyone who meets at least 70% of the above criteria to apply.
For this vacancy, we do not use external agencies and recruiters. Acquisition is not appreciated.