You will be working side-by-side with product managers and bioinformaticians to develop cutting-edge data analysis tooling for understanding the immune system, and scale it, to meet the needs of the largest pharmacological research organisations on the planet. You can expect to work with a modern enjoyable technology stack, part of a team of engineers that put great emphasis on a friendly developer culture. Pretty cool, right!
This is a long-term role, and we’d like you to work between 32 and 40 hours per week. We’re looking for someone who believes in our mission, enjoys being part of our team and who can grow with us in the years to come.
About the company
ENPICOM is an innovative immunomics data analysis startup, founded in 2017. We support organizations studying immune system related diseases and/or developing drugs influencing this system.
One of the unique software solutions we brought to the market is the ImmunoGenomiX (IGX) Platform. Its robust data-handling features allows life scientists and biopharma companies to discover valuable insights to accelerate the development of novel immunotherapies and improve human health.
Our company has a strong focus on developing cutting-edge technology that supports personalized healthcare, combined with a passion for the well-being of people. Quality, creativity, and self-development are our top priorities.
Your mission, should you choose to accept it
- Implement and maintain functionality of the IGX Platform, across frontend, backend, and infrastructure layers
- Work on architectural designs to take new, cutting-edge bioinformatics algorithms into production
- Act as a technical sparring partner for the product management, bioinformatics, and UX/UI design teams
- Proactively share your knowledge, and spend some time mentoring our junior engineers and interns
- Have a general ‘boyscout/girlscout mentality’ in regards to your work: leave the campground better than you found it
- BSc/MSc in Computer Science/Software Engineering/related technical fields, or equivalent work experience
- Proven track record of 5+ years delivering production-grade software
- Fluent in Python and Typescript/Node.js
- Adequate working knowledge of (Postgre)SQL
- On the frontend, prior experience working with React or other modern SPA frameworks (Vue, Angular, Svelte)
- Prior experience developing software using Docker, Kubernetes and related cloud-native technologies
Nice to have
The following are nice to have. If you meet some of these criteria, along with the list above, you will be one of our top candidates for this position:
- Skilled in writing performance sensitive code and working with huge volumes of data
- Experience programming in Rust, or the interest and willingness to pick it up on the job
- A good understanding of the various challenges when building distributed systems
- Knowledge of the AWS platform and services
- Prior experience working in medical devices, biotech, pharma or similar fields
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ambition to grow into a leadership role in the future
Be part of a vibrant, diverse and international team whose working language is English
Attractive pension scheme and participation in a stock ownership plan
Remote or on-site, your choice (as long as you’re within ±3 hours of CET timezone)
Flexible working hours: we care about work-life balance
Beautiful office located inside a historical building at 5 minutes walking distance from ‘s-Hertogenbosch train station (and a small satellite office in Amsterdam)
We provide you with a top-tier laptop, also for personal use. Mac or Linux, whichever you prefer
Work on groundbreaking technology that truly matters
Get in touch now!
ENPICOM is an equal opportunities employer. We encourage anyone who meets at least 70% of the above criteria, particularly women and minorities, to apply.
For this vacancy, we do not use external agencies and recruiters. Acquisition is not appreciated.