We are looking for a Bioinformatics Developer or Scientific Programmer to join our growing team. You will be working side-by-side with product managers and software engineers to develop cutting-edge data analysis tooling for understanding the immune system, and scale it, to meet the needs of the largest pharmacological research organisations on the planet. You can expect to work with a modern enjoyable technology stack, part of a team of experts that put great emphasis on a friendly working culture. Pretty cool, right!
This is a long-term role, and we’d like you to work between 32 and 40 hours per week. We’re looking for someone who believes in our mission, enjoys being part of our team and who can grow with us in the years to come.
Who we are
ENPICOM is an innovative immunomics data analysis startup, founded in 2017. We support organizations studying immune system related diseases and/or developing drugs influencing this system. One of the unique software solutions we brought to the market is the ImmunoGenomiX (IGX) Platform. Its robust data–handling features allows life scientists and biopharma companies to discover valuable insights to accelerate the development of novel immunotherapies and improve human health. Our company has a strong focus on developing cutting-edge technology that supports personalized healthcare, combined with a passion for the well-being of people. Quality, creativity, and self-development are our top priorities.
Your mission, should you choose to accept it
- Implement new analytical functionality of the IGX platform, across frontend and backend layers
- Contribute to architectural designs to take new, cutting-edge bioinformatics algorithms into production
- Act as a sparring partner for the product management, software and UX/UI design teams
- Coordinate small project with multidisciplinary teams from start to finish
- Proactively learn as well as share your knowledge, and spend some time mentoring our interns
- Have a general ‘boyscout / girlscout mentality’ in regards to your work: leave the campground better than you found it
Your should have
- MSc/MA in Computer Science/Software Engineering/Bioinformatics or related technical fields, or equivalent work experience
- Proven track record of 2-5 years delivering nontrivial software or a PhD in Bioinformatics
- Experience with handling and processing high-throughput sequencing data
The following are nice to have; if you meet some of these criteria, along with the list above, you will be one of our top candidates for this position:
- Prior experience developing software using Docker, Kubernetes and related cloud-native technologies
- Affinity with PostgreSQL
- Prior experience working in immunology and immune repertoire
- Knowledge of the AWS platform and services
- Experience programming in Rust, or the interest and willingness to pick it up on the job
Why you want to work for us
- Be part of a vibrant, diverse and international team whose working language is English
- Work on groundbreaking technology that truly matters
- Remote or on-site, your choice (as long as you’re within ±3 hours of CET timezone)
- We provide you with a top-tier laptop, also for personal use. Mac or Linux, whichever you prefer
- Flexible working hours
- Attractive pension scheme
- Participation in a stock ownership plan
- Beautiful office located inside a historical building at 5 minutes walking distance from ‘s-Hertogenbosch train station
Be part of a vibrant, diverse and international team whose working language is English
Attractive pension scheme and participation in a stock ownership plan
Remote or on-site, your choice (as long as you’re within ±3 hours of CET timezone)
Flexible working hours: we care about work-life balance
Beautiful office located inside a historical building at 5 minutes walking distance from ‘s-Hertogenbosch train station (and a small satellite office in Amsterdam)
We provide you with a top-tier laptop, also for personal use. Mac or Linux, whichever you prefer
Work on groundbreaking technology that truly matters
Get in touch now!
ENPICOM is an equal opportunities employer. We encourage anyone who meets at least 70% of the above criteria, particularly women and minorities, to apply.
For this vacancy, we do not use external agencies and recruiters. Acquisition is not appreciated.